Thursday, December 18, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

Well it was that time again, time to celebrate the birth of the cutest twins ever! (Ha ha) Jill and I celebrated another fabulous birthday this year- we are getting so old! As I told Jill, we are one year older and prettier too (none of this wiser stuff-makes us seem really old). Being a twin means that I have never had my ‘own’ birthday. As a kid this used to drive me crazy but as I’ve grown up, I really enjoy it. You have two people opening gifts, so twice the fun, and when you sing happy birthday, you never have to just sit and be sang to. (I find it quite awkward- maybe I’m just not used to it) The birthday celebrations started a few days before at mom and dads house where we had our usual Fast Sunday family night and then the extended family came over for cake and ice cream. We were also able to celebrate my Aunt Jan’s birthday too- hers is a week after ours. We had a yummy funfetti cake and got some fun gifts.



On Wednesday we celebrated again- this time it was the real deal. I had to work a half day so when Russell came to pick me up at noon he brought the prettiest flowers and some balloons. He also got me a cute fountain to put on my desk. He is so cute and thoughtful!

We then met up with the family at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. Not everyone could make it, but we had some yummy food and enjoyed visiting and laughing.

*Russell, Dad & Birthday Girl, Jill*

*Missy, Mom & Birthday Girl, Linsey*

After lunch, Russell and I went home and opened presents! Russell gave me some clothes, a SugarLand CD, some earphones, and my favorite part- an 8 pack of lip smackers! I’m in heaven :)


*collapsable bakeware from my mother-in-law*
The rest of the day was spent relaxing and talking to family on the phone. It really was a great day! I am so thankful to my cute husband and my great family for making it such a wonderful day. Thanks to Jill for sharing her birthday with me- I wouldn’t have it any other way!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

I love the 8 pack of smackers!! HA HA HA! I see Jill is sporting her adorable new jacket...where was yours? I love you -- I'm glad you had such a great day!

Amber said...

Hi Lins! Sorry I totally forgot to call you that day, glad you have a fun birthday. Sorry that we aren't celebrating it until freakin January! But you'll get your celebration I promise!

Keri said...

Yay! Happy birthday!!