Thanksgiving Day this year was a fun filled day full of yummy food and great company!! Russell and I got the assignment to bring rolls for dinner and I figured I would try my hand at homemade rolls. I was quite nervous because I have never made homemade rolls before and I didn’t want to screw up- so I bought some Rhodes rolls to have on hand just in case! After MUCH help from Mom and Jill (trust me, I called them a bunch of times!) the rolls turned out pretty dang good! The most important part was that they tasted delicious :) I ended up making two batches so Russell could take some to work for his work dinner and they were a hit. (Russell actually helped with the second batch- he is a natural!) I don’t think they even made it to dinner time!
*note for next time- roll the edges all the way under- or when they bake, they fly open!
We had Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncles this year with my mom’s side of the family. We had several family members missing but we still had a good crowd and it was fun. There was plenty of delicious food and Pennie had her house decorate so cute! After a yummy dinner, we sat around and talked and then decided to try our hand at Mario Cart and tennis on the Wii. The best was when my mom started playing- she was hilarious!


*Lins w/ Olivia *Russell, Missy & Mom relaxing
*Lexi & Mom playing Mario Cart
After dinner we headed home to scan the ads and make our lists of where we needed to hit Friday morning. This is my most favorite part! I was a bit disappointed in the sales this year- nothing too fantastic going on unless you want to buy a flat screen TV. I did manage to find a few things to stand in line for.*Kirk, Missy & Jill lookin for a deal!
Friday morning we were up at 4am and off to Walmart (which was just the start of the shopping day!) I had started to get sick Thursday night and by Friday pretty much had lost my voice. Russell was a good sport and came and helped save places in line, and overall, we were very successful! We were done shopping by 9 and were able to enjoy a yummy breakfast at Village Inn before heading home for a much needed nap. I neglected to take pictures of our shopping adventures- but it was SO fun! Too bad I spent the rest of the weekend home and sick!





2 comments:
Homeade rolls? You're good -- I buy them already done at Naborhood Bakery and pass them off as my own after putting them in a basket...he he he he
Wow Lins I can't believe you made rolls from scratch! You are better than me!
Post a Comment