Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's the Thought That Counts


It’s the thought that counts when it comes to giving gifts- right? Let’s hope, because this year, my neighbor gifts were somewhat of a flop. They tasted delicious, but on the presentation, well they looked like crap! (at least the tins and plates we used to put them on were cute)

I had this fabulous idea to use my new cookie press (bought from none other than Collections Etc. for $10) and present my neighbors with cookies that melted in your mouth and looked like this:

*As you can see- my cookie press isn't as fancy as the one above- what do expect for $10*

Much to my horror and dismay, I was not so lucky. I should have known there would be problems when the cookie recipe on the cookie press was measure in grams. Uh- ok. Luckily the ever helpful internet had several to choose from. When reading the instructions on how to use the cookie press, there were several misspellings- including the word cookie itself. They spelled it cocky! After these two red flags I should have known better than to proceed- but I did! I made the super fattening (4 cubes of butter!) dough and loaded up the cookie press ready to make beautiful cookies. This is what I got:

*The one on the left is supposed to be a Christmas tree, the one on the right a wreath- pretty sad!

I knew something wasn’t right when my cookies looked more like piles of turd than Christmas trees or wreaths. I resorted again to the internet and found some instructions on how to use the cookie press- important details the originally instructions left out!! I must say that the remaining batches turned out much better but still had some difficulties. I did still give them to my neighbors in hopes they would overlook the way they looked and just realize how delicious they were! I saved the first few batches of misfit cookies for the family to enjoy. My nephew Carter especially enjoyed them!


*The misfit cookies*

*My version of a poinsettia- they turned out better after I figured out how to do it right*


*Russell helping put bows and tags on things to give out*

3 comments:

Amber said...

Linsey you had me laughing out loud...that is hysterical. The poinsetta's look great, but man those misfit cookies do look like turd! lol

Celeste said...

he he he he -- the flowers are pretty -

candicetheresa said...

I love this story! You are amazing to attempt!!