Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let it snow!

While I just love living on the "west side" of the valley, one thing I HATE is all the snow that we get. We are positioned just right to get every snow storm and because of the way our house sits, it never melts. We have snow in our yard till June it seems.

Well after the big snowstorm at Christmas time- this is what we had to deal with:


For those of you who know me, I am not a fan of snow or shoveling. (yes, I should consider a change of location- after all, who lives in Utah and hates snow?) Thank goodness Russell is a good sport and will do most the shoveling. But when you have storms like this- shoveling takes forever!


When it is piled this high- you start to run out of places to move the snow to. The picture above is right outside our garage door and towards the fence is the path to our front door. Shoveling was lots of fun because I had to lift it up and over the already existing mound. What a workout! Russell and I finally decided last year to get a plow, and right after we bought it, it never snowed enough to use it. (go figure) So I was super excited to get it out and put it to good use this year. Russell has been somewhat of a plow hog though and I have yet to have my turn at it. He claims it takes some skill, but hello! I'm totally capable :)



Oh did I mention the plow was attached to our 4-wheeler? I'm assuming Russell won't let me do it because he is having too much fun. What I really want to do is get a sled and have Russell pull me around the neighborhood- now that would be fun! As you can see, Russell is all decked out in the picture above- ready to plow! The man never ceases to amaze me when it comes to his winter clothing collection (aka- hunting clothing) Just when I thought it wasn't possible to own anymore camo- he whips out something else! It's hard to see but the hat he is wearing is especially great- its a camo ball cap with the face guard sewn right in! As long as the man is warm- I guess it doesn't matter what he looks like- right?

The plow has saved us so far this winter and I'm so glad we have it! It also comes in handy to move some of this:

One of the drawbacks of being at the end of a culd-a-sac I guess! Just a word of advice- if you back into it-your car is not strong enough to move it!
Before I wrap up my rantings about the snow this year, I shall leave you with a picture of my back yard after "the boys" get running around in it. It's so nice and white and clean when it first falls- but it doesn't stay that way for long!

2 comments:

Fancy_Glancy said...

Lins...so glad to see anupdate...FINALLY! :) Dang Computers! :)

Unknown said...

Russell and his big toys--that 4-wheeler with the plow attached doesn't surprise me. I'm sure he had way too much fun with that. Knowing you guys, I'm sure your neighbors benefited from the plow as well.