Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Christmas

So when I said I would post something new so you didn’t see anything about Christmas anymore- well I kind of lied. I realize that I never did post about Christmas Day! I just added pics- sorry they are a bit grainy- but you get the point!

We woke up to mounds of snow and a blizzard outside. We were supposed to be at my parent’s by 7:30 (haven’t people heard of sleeping in?) so we got cleaned up and Russell got all our stuff loaded into the truck (we figured it would be best cuz it’s 4-wheel drive). It looked quite funny because we barely had room for us with all the presents and stuff we had in there! We made the trek to the parent’s house okay and were surprised we were the last ones there. Everyone was there this year, including the clan from Idaho. It was fun to have a house full. My mom and dad still do stockings for the kids so we all got our assigned stockings and pulled out all the goodies. We get mostly the same things each year but I always love it because it’s things like socks and shaving cream- things you need but don’t always want to buy. We even got vitamins in our stockings this year thanks to my Dad J After we did stockings we enjoyed a delicious breakfast of breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls and juice. It was so yummy and much more healthy than a bunch of sugar cookies! (though I still had some of those too!)

We then moved on to the fun part- presents!! Each of the siblings draw names and this year Russell and I had Jacob and Missy. We had lots of fun opening gifts and also seeing the nieces and nephews open theirs. I got some fun things from Kirk (aka Missy ha ha) and Russell got some great things from Jacob.

*My cute plug-in Scentsy warmer (with a cute face to match!)*

*Russell's new target- which I hope makes it out of the box this year*

*Two fabulous new bags- yes I love them!*

*Russell's new two burner stove- much better than the single burner one we have at home! (and never use ha ha)*

*Jewelry and purses- what more could a girl want?*

*Russell loves unwrapping gifts- especially those left right in the bag!*

*Cute pink shirt- thanks Kirk!*

One big thing I did for Russell’s Christmas was a quilt. I started it around October and it took me about 2 months to complete it. I would go over during my lunch or after work a few times a week and work on it at my parent’s house. My mom was a huge help and even did all the cutting for me! Thanks Mom! The finished product was great and Russell really loves it. (I think I was more excited about it than he was!)


*How's that for surprised!*



*I made him unfold it to see all the hard work I did!*


We spent a good part of the day hanging out at my parent's house enjoying homemade Cafe Rio salads and spending time with family. Russell had to work that night so we headed home that afternoon. I had hoped to go back to my parent's that night and hang out more with my family but it was snowing so hard and since we didn't get a chance to shovel, I couldn't get my car out of the garage! So I just chilled at home and it was rather nice! As most of you know, the snow continued to fall throughout the weekend and I was stuck at home- until I convinced Russell to let me take him to work so I could have the truck. I'll have to post some pics of the snow we got at our house- it was crazy!

2 comments:

Fancy_Glancy said...

You are still slacking, would you post already! :)

Russell*Linsey said...

I had like 5 posts to put up but blogger won't upload any pics- and well without them- well my posts just aren't as fun! So frustrating