Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Valentines Day

It was nice that Valentine's Day this year landed on a Saturday and that Russell and I got to spend the day together. We decided that instead of going out with the rest of the world, we would stay in and cook us a yummy dinner and just spend time together. We went to the grocery store and each picked out a steak and got us some shrimp as an appetizer. Russell has no problems using the grill- even in the dead of winter- so he set out to grill the steaks while I got the other stuff ready.

*Doesn't he look HOT? :)*

The dinner was great- the steaks were complimented by none other than Mac and Cheese (Russell's request) and some corn. It was an unusual mix- but a very good dinner!

After dinner we exchanged gifts- Russell is so sweet to me and does such a good job picking me stuff out. Here is what he got me:


He knows that I'm obsessed with jewelry and a girl can never have too much! Here is a close up of the beautiful ring he got me.

I gave Russell a golf discount book that he can use this summer when he goes golfing.
I miss the days of filling out cheesy Valentine cards, making Valentine mailboxes and hurrying to see what the candy heart says that the cute boy in the class gave you :) Even without these things- we still had a great day and I loved being able to spend time with my sweetheart!

3 comments:

Ali said...

An update!!! Yipeeee!! Why have I never seen that ring Russell gave you? Dar!
Glad you are feeling good enough to blog! :) Love ya!

Celeste said...

Spoiled girl!!! That ring is PRETTY!!!

Amber said...

I agree with Celeste you are spoiled!!! :) But that's good right?
that dinner looks delicious by the way!