So my wonderful wife usually does this, but she is always telling me that I need to post something on here. She always has time at work to take several breaks a day and surf the net, but we have been punished at my work and can no longer get online.
There have been so many wonderful changes in my life since I've moved to Utah that I just can't post them all on here, so I won't share any with you.....ha ha j/k! I will start with today - I went on a ride-along with a conservation officer/game warden. It was a blast! We started out by going to a business downtown and catching a wild bird that managed to get inside somehow. It turned out to be a kestrel-member of the falcon family. We used a long pole with a fishing net attached to the end to get the little bugger. We only damaged a few things inside the "high end" store...ha ha j/k! Thoughts keep coming to mind of Chris Farley in the movie Beverly Hills Ninja where he's inside the antique place and pretty much destroys it trying to catch the fly :) We then headed up Parley's Canyon and check out a couple fishing places to see if people had their fishing licenses and were using the proper tackle.
Then we headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon and talked to a few people who were fishing on Big Cottonwood Creek. Everyone had their stuff in order so it wasn't fun...I was hoping we would run into people saying they didn't have their license and trying to run off so I could go tackle them :) Anywho, we drove up to the end of the canyon by Silver Lake. We walked around the lake and talked to those people fishing - again everyone had their licenses - losers. We did hear something walking in the bushes nearby and come to find out it was a very large bull moose feeding on some willow bushes. It ended up coming out of the bushes and a ton of people were taking pictures. I then had flashbacks of 2 summers ago up at Grandaddy Lake in the high uintahs when my bro in law Jerome and I were chased by a bull moose - not very fun - seeing my life flash before my eyes.
We then headed home since I can't be out very late since my beautiful body that I have during the day turns back to something not so pretty :)
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment