Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I figure that at the rate I'm going, I may have Christmas all blogged about by the end of January! I don't know why but things have been particularly busy (especially at work) and my blogging time has taken a big hit. I hope you don't mind reading about my Christmas in January- if so- check back in a few weeks and I may be caught up :)
Ever since I can remember, we have made frosted sugar cookies at Christmas time. In fact, we call them Christmas cookies. It wasn't until I was a little older that I realized that you could actually make them any time of the year- not just at Christmas! I LOVE frosted sugar cookies and could easily devour the entire batch myself! Since it seems we only make them around Christmas, it is one of my favorite things about Christmas. When we were kids we would go to my Grandma's and make a whole bunch in every Christmas shape imaginable. My aunts would come join us and we had such a good time. Grandma was such a good sport and let us make all sorts of interesting colored frosting and put on gobs of sprinkles. After my grandma passed, my wonderful aunts have been so great to carry on this tradition. It truly would not be Christmas without the cookies- and we would go hungry Christmas morning without them around!

This year we met a few days before Christmas and made several dozen delicious cookies. Everyone helped in the cutting out of the shapes, the frosting, and of course, the taste testing. Even the younger nieces and nephews helped out. They were especially great at the frosting (as you can see from the pics below) Here are a few pics of the fun event! Thanks to my wonderful aunts who do this with us every year- even though we are all grown up now! They know how much it means to us and even though its probably a big pain for them- we really enjoy it and look forward to it every year.

*Kennedy and Brooklyn did an awesome frosting job on these cookies for Santa- and really outdid themselves with the sprinkles! (Hope Santa doesn't choke)*

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Awe -- you didn't use the cookie press?? lol