Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Grandpa Pete

Even as I write this- a few weeks later it doesn't seem real. I am still not sure when it will really "hit" me that it's happened- but my sweet Grandpa Pete passed away on May 13th.


Grandpa Pete passed away peacefully surrounded by his family. I can only imagine the glorious reunion in heaven with so many family members. He is finally with my grandma after 18 years and with my step-grandma after 3 years. Though I know he is in a happier place it's still hard to deal with the fact that he is gone. I was so lucky to have had almost 30 years with him and so many memories I will cherish forever. Here are just a few:



*Horse rides on the mechanical horse at Grandpa's pharmacy

*Treats from the pharmacy and creamsicles every Sunday when we went to their house

*Getting caught in the "bear trap"

*Grandpa always asking where your coat was (even when it was plenty warm to be without one!)

*His hat collection and how he wore his hat placed just on top of his head- "grandpa style"

*Annual trips to Bear Lake and snowmobiling (and the fabulous bathtub sled he made for us!)

*Taking us grandkids fishing and baiting the hook since we thought it was so gross and removing the fish if we were lucky enough to catch one! (the girls anyway)



We will miss him terribly but know that he is in a better place. Grandpa was such a great example and lived such a great life. He was so strong in the church and had such a strong testimony. He touched the lives of anyone who knew him. Just being around him made you happy and he always made you feel so special and loved. I feel so blessed to have been so close my grandpa and to have had him in my life all these years.



Though I am sad that my kids will never know him on earth, I know that he is spending time with them before sending them down to us. Thanks for being such a great grandpa! We love you and miss you!

No comments: