Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mud Bath

When I got home last night I let the dogs in and they were the normal rowdy selves. I set my stuff down and looked down at the dogs only to see this:


Now if you look closely, you will see that Tar is a light brown color on his chest and his legs- this isn't normal- it's dried mud! This is not the first time he has come in covered in mud but I must say this is the worst I have seen it. Russell and I don't fully understand where he gets all this mud. Sure our grass isn't the greenest but it's not THAT muddy! I am convinced that he sneaks through his kennel and lays on the side of the house under the boat. What surprises me even more though is that while he manages to get covered, Gauge (who by the way is MY dog ha ha) is still totally clean!


*As you can see his tail and hind end are covered as well*

*When I saw him from the side- that's when I knew we had a problem on our hands!*


I decided that both dogs would be staying downstairs until Russell could come home and give Tar a bath. It's quite a chore and I am just not up to the task. I went to just touch his belly to see how far the mud extended and that's when I realized that his belly wasn't dried mud- it was still WET! Which meant that I would have mud all over my tan carpet and my couches. I knew I had no choice. So into the bath we went. It was quite the struggle and in the end I only got half the mud off, I was covered, and Tar managed to get it all over my bathroom- including my pink shower curtain! I had to quit when the tub wouldn't drain anymore-

When Russell got home Tar had bath #2 to get the remaining mud off of him. What a mess!! Next house project- re-wire the kennel to cut off access to the mud!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh! I would have gone crazy!! Hopefully after the mess in the bathroom he was clean!!!

Amber said...

Oh my word! You are so nice to give them a bath, I would've sent the dog back outside!