Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!



Halloween just isn't the same when you're older- or don't have kids, but Russell and I celebrated nonetheless. I had to work and Russell had school, but that night we went over to my parent's house for homemade soup and bread with the fam(my favorites!) The Jessop's and Glancy's came over and brought their darling kids! They were so dang cute and so much fun. They still are not old enough to really get the whole trick-or-treat thing, but they loved the candy!


Carter was the cutest dog ever! He was so good to keep the hood on and was so cute! He even has the "woof woof" down and sounds adorable doing it.


Livvy was a little bumble bee and so cute! There was a thing to go on her head with antennas but she refused to wear it. (she wasn't a real fan of the whole costume thing!) I had to give her my cell phone to distract her while her parents dressed her up. Missy and Kirk took Livvy around my parent's neighborhood and she kept grabbing candy to put in her pumpkin. I'm sure her parents loved the extras!


After visiting and playing with the kids, we headed home in the rain. By the time we got home we didn't have any trick-or-treaters at our house, so it was nice and quiet! I found out later that Russell had taken the batteries out of the doorbell- maybe that's why it was so quiet! We ended up watching The Da Vinci Code and then called it a night.


We didn't have time to dress "the boys" up in their Halloween costumes on Halloween, so on Saturday we decided to put them on and take a picture or two. We went for simple this year because putting anything on them is nearly impossible. They refuse to hold still! If only they knew how cute they look- ha ha.



We managed to get their bandanas on (they are orange with white bones on them) and had to bribe them with food to get a pic or two. They looked so cute with their bandanas on! I thought we were safe putting these on because when they get groomed they get one, but hours later we found Tar's bandana in Gauge's mouth. Because they were so good at taking pics and we thought they deserved a Halloween treat- so we decided to share the rest of our vanilla frosty's with them.


Needless to say, they loved them! Their noses were covered in white frosty when they were done but I wasn't able to snap a picture fast enough before they licked it all off. The boys are definitely spoiled!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay Linsey, I'm so excited you have a blog! :)