*Monday- I went back to the dentist for round one of cavity filling. My understanding was that they would fill 3 this time and then 2 on another appointment. So I got in the chair at 10 am, got 4 or 5 painful shots and they went to work. It seemed to be taking forever but I figured it was just because I was tired and had been laying there with my mouth open for what seemed like forever. When they were finally done and I thought my mouth was permanently going to stay open wide, I asked how many they had gotten done. The dentist smiled and replied- "well got all 5 on the left side done this time! Just two more next time and you're done!" What? 5 on one side? That would mean I have a total of 7 cavities. I'm even more sick about it than previously. So I left the dentist - at noon!- with my whole left side of my face totally numb- I couldn't even wiggle my nose and I was super nauseated (the doc said its probably due to the fact I didn't eat breakfast). Needless to say, I went right home and not back to work. What a day. Note to self- don't schedule to have 5 cavities filled in the middle of the day.
*Tuesday- Veteran's Day! I was so excited that I got this day off!! Russell unfortunately did not, and even had to go to class! I got to babysit Trevor and Carter this day- all day- and it was quite fun. Trevor was staying with my mom while Ali and Darin were in Vegas. Mom had meetings- so Linsey got to babysit! We had fun though. I was worried about having both Trevor and Carter at the same time, but they did so good together. Carter wasn't so keen on sharing his toys but he loved copying everything Trevor did- even going back to crawling!
Trevor crawling around Jill's kitchen
At one point I could not see Carter but I could hear him the laundry room. I thought maybe he was getting his own snack out of the pantry- but instead found this-
He was just chillin in his car seat! He is so funny. Carlye came over to help me for a bit and we ran some errands- we each got our own baby!Later that afternoon after playing some more, Trevor got a much needed haircut as did I- it was wonderful! Trevor discovered the side table at my parents house and thought it was so fun to crawl under it. He would just laugh and laugh, it was so cute.
That night our Relief Society had their Christmas party for the year. It was nice to have it earlier instead of trying to jam it into December with everything else. As part of the program, the primary did a bunch of songs with a nativity scene- it was darling. The pianist was my favorite-
What a trooper- he even dressed up with the kids!
*Saturday- I have been wanting to put up our Christmas lights for the past couple of weeks before it gets cold and snowy. The past 2 years we have not put up any lights because we waited too long and did not want to risk our lives putting them up on an icy roof. So today was the perfect day- a little chilly, but clear- so we finally put them up! Now to get them on the top part of the roof was a little tricky. It was higher than we thought and the ladder just wouldn't reach. We decided that the only way to get them up was to get on the roof. Since Russell is afraid of heights- I volunteered to do the higher parts! To get the highest point on the left side of the house- we had to climb on the roof. It was harder than I thought. The scariest part was getting off the ladder onto the roof, then back onto the ladder from the roof. With nothing to grab onto I was sure I would just slide right off! (though Russell assured me we had nice soft flower beds to land in! thanks honey!) Russell told me not to grab onto the gutter to catch myself- but I should have known that! (can you say Clark Griswold on Christmas Vacation?) Once I got the first level of lights on we debated about putting them on the upper level- but I decided I wasn't going to try it. So here is what our house looks like with the house lights up-
The section above the garage may never get done- though it really needs to be. My neighbor was working on his later that night and just climbed out the bedroom window! Smart idea. Though I'm still unsure of how to get them on the highest point- I just don't see a ladder on a slope on shingles- sounds scary to me! Perhaps we can bribe our neighbor to risk his life and put ours up too! We are going to add lights to our railing going up the stairs and also the tree on the left- that will be next weeks project. Let's hope the weather holds up!
*No worries- though the lights are up- we won't be turning them on at nights until the day after Thanksgiving- that's the rule! We just had to turn them on to get a picture and see how well we had done!







4 comments:
I was cracking up about your Christmas lights. Dell too isn't too keen on heights so I do all the dirty work! The way to put them on in the high parts is to lay down and hang over the edge while Russell holds your legs. That's how we do it. I guess for me it's no biggy because my brothers used to make me do it at home. It can be kinda scary when you get to the edge and that's when you threaten your hubby with his life if he doesn't hold on tight. Good luck!!
We dread doing Christmas lights every year. Mark said he didn't want to do them this year, and we have such a high pitched roof that I don't blame him. But I've got to have some lights at least!
Wanna come put mine up? We don't have a ladder tall enough to put ours up - darn!
Post a Comment