Last week we decided to join the craze and go see Twilight at the midnight showing! It was so much fun! I was so worried that I would fall asleep, since that is way past my bedtime, but I was wide awake and enjoyed every second of it.
My friend Nikki rented out a whole theatre a few months ago and so a bunch of us decided we had to go (we have all read the books and LOVED them). My mom, Missy, Jill, Carlye and Jacob all came as well as other extended family and friends. It was fun to see so many people we knew in the theater. We decided to go all out and dress up for the show and as you can see, we looked hot! (Jill opted out- but still looked cute :) )
Mom dressed up as Alice, and then Carlye, Missy, and I dressed up as Bella going to the prom. Jacob dressed up as- Jacob! What a good sport he was to not only come, but also to dress up! (As Russell put it- you can tell they are newlyweds- he’s still whipped! Lol)
The dresses that Missy and Carlye and I dug up were hilarious (we knew we saved them for a reason). Missy was in an old dance dress of Ali’s, Carlye was in an old dance dress of Missy’s, and I wore my beautiful choir dress. Missy and I couldn’t quite get them zipped up in the back, but that didn’t stop us from looking fabulous! We also curled a few ringlets in our hair and threw on some flashy jewelry to complete the look. People got a kick out of. Mom looked awesome- I almost didn’t recognize her in her blond wig! (We even took 2nd place in the costume contest!) Quite a few people in the theater were dressed up as well so it made it really fun. Nikki (who rented the theater) dressed up as Victoria and she looked so much like the Victoria in the movie! Ali went with some friends on Friday (in Idaho of course) and they made cute baseball shirts- this one was my fave-
We had fun visiting and taking pictures before the movie started and then at midnight the movie began- and it was fabulous! Edward is beautiful! (he has some scenes I didn’t think he looked too cute in, but he is hot) I was worried the movie would not follow the book and would not be as good, but I thought it was very well done. It’s fun to see how the movie showed things in the book versus how I had pictured them in my head. Some things were quite similar- some things were totally different.
After the show we all went home and crashed. I thought I would be dead at work the next day but I did surprisingly well. (Except for I wanted to go to bed at like 7 on Friday night) I can't wait for the other movies to come out. If you haven't read the books- I highly recommend them! You will get sucked in like the rest of us did!







1 comment:
Seriously??!! You're choir dress??!!! HA HA HA HA HA! I freaking love it! I'm pretty sure mine was burned the day choir ended! That's HILLARIOUS! Looks like you guys had TONS of fun! I can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment