Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TEETH!

I'm not sure what my deal is, but lately I have been having bad luck with my teeth! I have been a slacker the last 2-3 years and have rarely worn my retainer on my top teeth. The thing is big and bulky and gives me a lisp when I wear it- extremely sexy to the husband I tell ya! As a result, I have developed a gap in between my front teeth. It's not huge- but to me it seems huge! After 5 years of braces- its HUGE. (you know its bad when your mom thinks it's food stuck in between your teeth) So I finally decided to call the orthodontist and get a new retainer to close the grand canyon in my teeth. I figured it would be as simple as going in, getting a new mold done of my teeth and picking it up a week later. Voila- beautiful teeth in a few months. To my dismay, the orthodontist suggested these:

Braces at my age? Are you kidding me? Is the gap REALLY that big? OH MY! (the best part is- he told me he could just do 4 braces on the top teeth- uh- for sure no) I told the orthodontist that braces just weren't an option, even if they were only going to be on for a few "short" months. So on to plan B please. Thank goodness there was a plan B and I am going tomorrow to pick up my new Invisalign retainer. He said it would take a few months but if I wear it daily (all day) it would move them faster. Though it is an Invisalign retainer- I don't plan on wearing that puppy to work. So hopefully in a few months, and a couple hundred bucks later, my straight teeth will be restored!
So when I thought this was the biggest problem I had, I decided to schedule a dentist appointment and went this morning. I didn't realize it had been over a year since I had been and I worried I had a possible cavity. No worries though- after the dentist looked at my teeth he didn't find just one cavity- he found 5!!!!!! This is what is going on in my mouth:

As my brother-in-law said- I will be making the dentist's BMW payments for the next 4 or so months. I can't believe I have 5 cavities. I'm a mess!! After telling my little sis Carlye about my crummy appointment (hoping for some sympathy), she said to me- "5 cavities and a big gap in your front teeth, you are really letting yourself go!" Of course she was kidding but man do I feel like that! I guess the diet coke I got on my way into work and the leftover Halloween candy at my desk will have to go.....

6 comments:

ThEGrIm said...

hi! come in our blog!! there will be many videos of ouyr music!!!

www.rock-thegrim.blogspot.com

p.s come here have a good time!

Carlye & Jacob said...

Oh Lin... I meant what I said with love! haha jk! You still are beautiful! Your blog is just so cute! I'm glad you posted Halloween cuz I didnt get to see the kids, they look so dang cute! You still need to show me how to show my friends on my page! geez! haha

Dell & Becky said...

Linsey thanks for leaving a comment. I didn't know you and Russ had a blog. How exciting! Now I can see what you're up to!

Dell & Becky said...

oh . . . so sorry to hear about your teeth! :)

Unknown said...

Sad story about your teeth. I'm starting not to like the dentist anymore either. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog so I could find yours. I think it's fun to keep updated like this.

Celeste said...

I didn't know you had a blog -- freak - I'm mad at you! JUST KIDDING! But now that I have it I'm going to stalk you....
I hate cavities! I just had a Root Canal and it's MISERABLE! We need to get together!